I had a long and strenuous day. I spent almost 12 hours at school but I feel quite grateful for many different things.
1. For helping my class of 7th-graders to create and sing their own dictation although they didn't want to do it at first.
2. For being able to practice all of my pieces for my upcoming April 29 organ recital even though I didn't have all my scores printed out.
3. For helping 2 girls in our class sing the melodies and music theory elements in the best way they could today.
4. For listening an inspiring webinar by Kat Loterzo.
5. For teaching the 8th-graders what it takes to focus on their strengths and not weaknesses.
6. For having a delicious lunch with Ausra.
7. For giving the hope to 5 parents of my students who came for counseling.
8. For giving advice to a parent of a particularly shy student who would not sing in class in front of others.
9. For having a delicious dinner with Ausra.
10. For recording a live training about the things we are grateful for today.
11. For the privilege of writing this blog post and hopefully inspiring you.
So what are you feeling grateful for today?
And remember, life is short. Create, share, repeat.